Apologies for the tardiness of this post, but I once again find myself humbled to receive a nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award, another way for bloggers to recognise and celebrate the work of those they follow and whose work they appreciate.
It is to Markus of The Marcko Guy to whom I most apologise for not responding to this sooner and to whom I am indebted for this latest endorsement and as always, in accepting this award one must honour the following rules in both receiving and making their own nominations:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Give them 11 questions
And without further ado here are the 11 questions Markus set:
- If you could eliminate one movie from this reality, which would it be?
Just one? Hmmm….. I suppose I could reel off the films I’ve personally not enjoyed but that would likely cause much consternation and possible vitriolic reaction, so I’ll proffer a diplomatic answer and say anything that is deliberately offensive, insensitive and has absolutely zero artistic merit. Or Suspiria.
- Have you ever broken a bone?
Amazingly no. I’ve twisted and sprained my ankle but that is it.
- What is your favourite movie of 2016 so far?
I’m not sure – I have decided yet but the frontrunners include The Revenant and Mustang.
- What book would you like to see get made into a movie/TV show?
A toss-up between Natsuo Kirino’s Real World or Anchee Min’s Empress Orchid and its sequel The Last Empress.
- Favourite artist/band?
ARTIST – Stevie Ray Vaughan BAND – KISS
- Ever had a celebrity encounter? If so, who? (2 in 1, loophole!)
Duane Eddy – Rock ‘n’ roll guitar legend after a show at the Fairfield Halls and a year later when he signed the photos we took before!
Brian Jacks – Legendary British Judo world champion and my dad’s old school mate/Judo partner! This was way back in the early 80’s when he was opening a new convenience store and we popped by to say hello!
- Batfleck or Baleman?
Bale easily but no-one will ever top Adam West! 😛
- Favourite kind of pizza?
I’m a fussy eater so it’s a Pizza Hut Meat Feast but with the ham and pepperoni removed!
- Favourite comedy series?
A very close call between Monty Python’s Flying Circus and Fawlty Towers. And The Day Today.
- Why did you start blogging?
I’ve answered this before so the tl;dr version is to get my reviews out there and improve my writing.
- What song (lullabies and kid’s songs don’t count) do you know all the words to?
Quite a lot actually. Most of them only have two, maybe three verses and simple choruses so there isn’t really much to remember. 😉
And now for my 11 nominees, which were chosen at random so apologies to anyone not listed below, it’s nothing personal:
And my 11 questions I’d like you to answer:
- What is your favourite NON-alcoholic drink?
- Do you have a picture calendar on your wall or desk and what, if any, is the theme of it?
- Twitter or Facebook?
- Do you drive and what is your current car?
- Which literary character would you like to see come alive and be in your life?
- In what order do you put on your shoes and socks – left foot first or right foot first?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What is the oldest film in your DVD/Blu-ray collection?
- And what is the oldest album in your CD collection?
- Colourised black & white films – yay or nay?
- What is your fondest memory of being 11 years old?
Congrats to all nominees, thanks once again to Markus for his nomination and thanks to you for reading!