Liebster Award No 3
Apologies for the tardiness of this post, but to my utter amazement I am humbled to once again be nominated for The Liebster Award, the bloggers way of recognising and celebrating the work of their fellow bloggers.
It is to the wonderful Sophie of Sophie’s Japan Blog to whom I am indebted for this third award, and to experience Japan without leaving your home do please pay her site a visit.
In accepting this award one must honour the following rules in both receiving and making their own nominations:
- Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
- Thank the blogger who nominated your blog for a Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
- The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves so people who discover their blog through the Liebster post will learn more about them.
- In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, the nominee should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
- The nominee will in turn, nominate 11 other blogs with 200 or less followers for a Liebster Award by posting a comment on their blog and linking back to the Liebster post.
- The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
With this being my third award I am afraid I am running low of new bloggers to nominate so forgive me for selecting fewer blogs than the required total. As for sharing eleven fresh facts about myself, that is proving an even more strenuous task! But I’ll try as per the protocol of accepting this award.
So, here goes with my contribution and I should warn you this is likely to be another LONG post.
Answering Sophie’s questions first:
- Why did you take up blogging?
I don’t blog as such as you may have noticed but the reason for this was because I used write reviews for another site, but the owner/webmaster would often fall behind on the publishing dates for one reason or another. This meant despite me getting the reviews done on time they wouldn’t hit the web until a few weeks or more after the title were released.
So, after much soul searching I took the leap and set up my own site to ensure my reviews would be seen on time or in advance. I added my own personal film reviews that I used to do as part of a forum thread just to add some extra content in the beginning and it grew from there.
- Do you have a set number of posts per week or month that you aim for?
Not really but I do at least make sure there is something new at least every two days or so, although I do get a bit paranoid if I post nothing but film reviews for days on end. I do like to provide some variety.
- Where do you get your inspiration to write?
Writing has probably been the only thing I have been reasonably good at since I was a sprog so it’s always been there for me, in one form or another. The mood sometimes has to take me for creative writing while I am somewhat almost permanently in “review” mode as I have so many discs and films to write up!
- What would your top tip be to anyone thinking about starting up a blog?
Don’t! 😛 Just kidding. Think about what you are going to do or say with your blog and if you can offer an original slant on an already established theme, topic or format. Remember it will take a while to build and audience and get hits so don’t be disheartened if you don’t hit a million views in the first twenty-four hours – that is the fantasy perpetuated by film and TV. Above all, have fun in what you do and remember to appreciate your reading audience.
- Have you ever/would you ever consider having other writers or guest posts on your blog?
I honestly don’t think I could allow that to happen I’m afraid. It may sound like I am a control freak, which in essence I suppose I am, but not through arrogance but through paranoia and my own high standards I have set myself.
- Does your work or study match your blogging topics?
I suppose it does as while I am currently not working due to health related issues, I am a wannabe amateur filmmaker, so what better way to research my ideal profession than by watching films? 🙂
- What gaming devices do you own?
Outside from an old Super Nintendo system gathering dust in the loft, none.
- What is your favourite game of all time?
Well, I had fun with the Super Mario games on my SNES so I suppose I could nominate them.
- Do you have a partner and is he/she into gaming
No partner. Unlikely to have one either.
- If you had to cosplay, what character would you pick?
It would have to be at gunpoint as I would be to self conscious to do it otherwise! I honestly don’t know – boring answer but Darth Vader perhaps?
- What is your all time favourite type of cake? (This could come in handy one day!)
And now 11 Facts About Me (Part 3)
- I have never seen a single episode of Game Of Thrones.
- I have seen every single episode of Have I Got News For You – that’s almost 25 years worth!
- Big hooped earrings like the ones all the women on Eastenders wear really annoy me!
- My left arm is almost half an inch shorter than my right arm.
- When in the shower I wash my body in a certain order.
- This might be ASD related but I find it difficult to understand people with thick accents, especially over the phone.
- I have had the Letter Of the Month honour in NEO magazine twice!
- I have an 8 inch figure of Godzilla on top of my printer and consider him the guardian of my computer desk.
- For some odd reason, moving house the second time, when I was eleven, made me cry because I would not see the old house again.
- My favourite song of all time is Pictures Of Matchstick Men by Status Quo.
- When I listen to music I can actually visualise it – be it the instruments, shapes, colours or a metaphysical formation created by the sounds.
My 11 questions:
- What is your favourite silent film?
- If you could turn a book into a film (that hasn’t been done yet) which one would it be?
- Who is your oldest living relative and how old are they?
- A bit grim but have you ever thought about faking your own death just to see what people thought of you and how many attend your funeral?
- How do you sleep – clothed or naked?
- How long do you think you would last if you didn’t have your mobile phone?
- A classic question – which four famous people from history and /or alive today would you invite to a dinner party?
- Do you still have any toys from your childhood that you refuse to part with?
- Is there a schoolteacher from your past you’d like to go back in time and punch them in the face?
- Do you use an electric or standard toothbrush?
- What is your favourite foreign language/World Cinema film?
And finally some nominees:
Congrats to all nominees, thanks once again to Sophie for her nomination and thanks to you for reading!