The Liebster Award is a kind of round robin way for bloggers to give fellow bloggers a pat on the back and recognition for the efforts they make in creating and maintaining interesting and entertaining blogs.
I am humbly indebted to Medievalotaku for his kind nomination and I apologise for the tardiness in responding with this post, for the Award comes with its own set of rules each nominee must adhered to
The rules are as follows:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog for a Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves so people who discover their blog through the Liebster post will learn more about them.
4. In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, the nominee should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will in turn, nominate 9 other blogs with 200 or less followers for a Liebster Award by posting a comment on their blog and linking back to the Liebster post.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
So, here goes with my contribution:
11 Facts About Me
1. When I was young I wanted to be Luke Skywalker or Superman.
2. When I got a bit older I wanted to be Groucho Marx or Bruce Lee then later still Ritchie Blackmore or Stevie Ray Vaughan.
3. I am not nor ever have been any of those people.
4. I have a younger sister who has done everything in life that her older brother should have done first (except give birth as that is biologically impossible for me)
5. I should have been born either 100 years ago or in the 60’s as the films and music of each respective period relate to me more then modern life often does.
6. I was once in rock band called Access and we had two good songs – one I wrote and one I co-wrote. After I left I jammed with them a few months later and they still only had two good songs….
7. In my previous job as an audio producer I once worked with Graham Skidmore, the voice of TV’s Blind Date!
8. I can’t do that thing where you rest a phone on your shoulder and continue talking – the mouthpiece always ends up my nose! I won’t even try it with a mobile phone.
9. Because of my natural shyness I am terrible at speaking in front of people and get all flustered yet when I am directing a short film I become a completely different person.
10. I once won an Employee Of The Month award after losing my temper in front of our MD!
11. I can’t think of anything interesting to put here.
Now to answer the questions set by Medievalotaku:
1. Who is your favourite novelist? I don’t really have one. If we were to judge by volume of possession then it would be horror/thriller writer Shaun Hutson as I have most of his novels.
2. What is your favourite literary genre? Again, I’m flexible. As long as it’s good it doesn’t matter.
3. What’s your favourite beer, if you have one? Don’t drink. I hate alcohol!
4. What made you decide to turn to blogging? Part necessity and part need to expand my writing abilities.
5. What is your favourite holiday? As a kid it would have to be Christmas but as you get older even that loses its magic.
6. Do you have a favourite anime? Death Note. Hands down a superb adaptation of the excellent manga, even with the altered ending.
7. Which country would you most want to visit and why? I suppose Japan being an anime/Asian film buff.
8. What is your favourite epoch in American history? Not being American I don’t have one but I’ll play along and say the birth of Hollywood.
9. Who is your favourite actor or actress in old movies (pre-1965)? Lillian Gish and Toshiro Mifune.
10. What is your favourite story from the Bible, if you have one? I’m an Atheist so….
11. Who was your hero when you were growing up? Groucho Marx and Bruce Lee.
Now onto my nominations (mostly film related I’m afraid):
Films And Things – Films news, reviews and views from Natasha Harmer who is also a filmmaker herself.
Movies Silently – An aficionado of silent films with plenty of content for silent film fans old and new.
Vanessa-Jane Chapman – Writer, actress, evironmentalist, blogger, mother and all round good egg.
Head In A Vice – Another film blog but with an eye on bringing the film blog community together.
Genkinahito’s Blog – News and reviews of film and anime from Japan and Asia.
Hope Lies At 24 frames Per Second – Film news and reviews for the discerning film fan with weekly Blu-ray releases featured.
Beguiling Hollywood – Archive photos of the golden years of Hollywood from both in front of and behind the scenes.
Hollywood Essays – Alicia Mayer is the grand-niece of legendary Hollywood movie mogul Louis B. Mayer, and she has some great stories to tell!
Sophie’s Japan Blog – Learn all about the Land of the Rising Sun without leaving your room.
And finally my eleven questions:
1. If the Internet, and subsequently blogs, hadn’t been invented how else would you get your views and thoughts out to the world?
2. If you could live in another time period when would that be and why?
3. Do you play a musical instrument?
4. If you had a gun with just one bullet and you had the choice of shooting either Simon Cowell or Gordon Ramsay, who would you choose?
5. Are you easily scared by horror films or has one ever given you nightmares?
6. Do you use babies or young children as an excuse to play with toys again?
7. Did you ever accidentally call a female teacher “mum” at school?
8. Have you ever kept any clothes that are beyond wearable both, aesthetically and practically, purely because they are comfortable?
9. When you receive cold callers on the phone do you give them an earful or just put the phone down?
10. Do you ever shout the answers at a TV quiz show but know full well that you’ve never have the guts to go on one yourself?
11. At what age did you stop believing in Santa Claus?
Anyway, there you go. Good luck to all nominees and thanks again to Medievalotaku for my nomination.
P.S – I apologise if I mess up this pingback deal…. 😦
18 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Thanks so much! I truly appreciate it 🙂
You’re welcome. It’s well deserved in my opinion!
Thanks so much for the nom 😀 much appreciated, I’ll post something up shortly 😀
You’re welcome! You’ve earned it.
Omg, number 9….we’re like, the same person 😛
I have the same problem, public speaking gives me panic attacks D:
Oh THAT No 9! I thought you were going to say you liked Lillian Gish and Toshiro Mifune too! 😛
haha yeah that one
I don’t know who those people are 😛
Oi careful now missy….. 😦
I don’t know many things
Well I’m sure there might be a post or two on here that will help with your movie education… 😉 😛
Thank you for the nomination! I’m not very good at getting around to doing award thank you posts, but I might try to get to this one because your questions are fun! 🙂
You’re welcome and thanks for replying to one of my posts for a change! 😉 😛
Ha! I say, Ha! 😉
Thanks for the nomination dude, much appreciated! 🙂
Thanks for the nomination. I’ll have to start visiting here.
You’re welcome. Hope you find something of interest here! 🙂
Comments are closed.